This is the ninth year I have been writing Sparkles and Shoes and often the first post of the year as been an overview of my resolutions for the new year. I deduced to start 2022 on a positive note so to note include any negatives, nothing I’m going to stop or get rid of, only things I’m going to do more of. The first draft of this post actually started a list with positive things – read more physical books, volunteer more often, and even use all of the makeup and beauty samples I have before buying more. But I’m going switch it up even more.
Instead of a list of things I need to do or check in on I’m going to share reminders that are good for today, or any day this year. they not all framed as the new year, more of daily affirmations I am going to work on this year.
- I give myself permission to do what is right for me.
- I give myself space to grow and learn.
- I allow myself to be who I am without judgment.
- I give myself the care and attention that I deserve.
- My drive and ambition allow me to achieve my goals.
- I am always headed in the right direction.
- I trust that I am on the right path.
- My mind is full of brilliant ideas.
- I trust myself to make the right decision.
- I am learning valuable lessons from myself every day.
- I make a difference in the world by simply existing in it.
- I grow and improve every day.
- I am able to find the silver linings in difficult situations.
- I am grateful for the things I have in life.
- I appreciate the opportunities I’ve been given.
- I am kind and help inspire others to be kind.
- My life is full of potential.
- I give myself permission to be myself.
- I have the power to change.
- I’m allowed to have needs and take up space.
- I deserve peace and joy in my life.
- I am allowed to take care of myself.
- My needs and wants are important.
- I’m worthy of respect and kindness.
- I choose to celebrate my good qualities.
- I am enough.
And I found a few others that were quotes – everyone from Oprah to former First Lady Michelle Obama but I will save those for another day!
Which are your favorites of these New Years Affirmations?