In one month I will be on a plane to Florida for a bit of Winter sunshine and one of my favorite activities when I am in Naples is swimming outside. Granted, there is an outdoor pool here in London but it is really not the same. As I get ready for the trip I am updating the playlist on my swim MP3 player and these are the new songs I am adding that will be great to swim to:
- 10,000 Hours – Dan + Shay with Justin Bieber
- Boyfriend – Ariana Grande
- Carry On – Kygo and Rita Ora
- Circles – Post Malone
- Con Calma Remix – Daddy Yankee
- DANCE – CLMD
- Drip Too Hard – Lil Baby
- Fill Me In – Loud Luxury
- Light it Up – Calvo
- Live Forever – Liam Payne and Cheat Codes
- Louder – Sulta + Shepard
- MGNO – Russel Dickerson
- Old Town Road, Diplo Remix – Ll Nas X and Billy Ray Cyrus
- Piece of Your Heart – Meduza
- Ride It – Regard
- SOS – Avicii
- Take Her Place – Don Diabo ft. Arizona
- Tempo – Lizzo ft Missy Elliot
- The Bones – Maren Morris with Hozier
- The Man – Taylor Swift
- White Lies – M-22
And in case house music or the latest pop hits are not your jam (quite literally) and you are looking for some old school jams, these are the tunes these are the ones I have downloaded on my Dad’s player:
- All Fired Up – Pat Benatar
- American Pie – Don McLean
- Before He Cheats – Carrie Underwood
- Dancing In the Dark – Bruce Springsteen
- Don’t Stop Believin’ – Journey
- Eye Of The Tiger – Survivor
- Getting Jiggy With It – Will Smith
- I’ve Had the Time of My Life (Dirty Dancing) – Bill Medley
- I Wanna Dance with Somebody – Whitney Houston
- Little Red Corvette – Prince
- Love Is A Battlefield – Pat Benatar
- Love Shack – The B-52’s
- More Than A Feeling – Boston
- My Sharona – The Knack
- Piano Man – Billy Joel
- Proud Mary – Tina Turner
- Rhythm Is Gonna Get You – Gloria Estefan
- Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It) – Beyoncé
- Summer of 69 – Bryan Adams
- Sweet Caroline Lyrics – Neil Diamond
- Sweet Child O’ Mine – Guns N’ Roses
- Treasure – Bruno Mars
- Uptown Funk – Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars
- Uptown Girl – Billy Joel
- We Built This City – Starship
- We Didn’t Start the Fire – Billy Joel
- You Shook Me All Night Long – AC/DC
And in case swimming is on your list of things to try / New Year’s Resolutions feel free to check out my posts on swimming essentials including my pics for cap, goggles, and training equipment.
Do you workout when you listen to music?
What a great gift idea. I have a good friend who is a swimmer and this would make the perfect gift for her.
Must make the work out so much more fun.
What a good daughter you are to make a playlist for your dad. I’m sure he really appreciates it.
Your dad’s list is too funny. Reminds me of a lot of songs my mom used to sing when I was little. Great idea for any swimmer.
Some of these are really oldies but goodies. There’s nothing like a good upbeat song to get you to do more than you thought you could do. Swim hard.