Welcome to August! I can not believe Summer is flying by but one of the benefits is that in just three short weeks I will be backing for a trip home! As I posted on Instagram last month, I am heading to New York in August and I need suggestions! It may seem weird that me, a native New Yorker, is asking for suggestions but for this visit I’m bringing someone who has NEVER been to NYC. Thus, I want to make sure the first trip is one for the books the question I have asked friends, family, and Instagram – what are three things to do in NYC if you’ve never been?
Here are the answers I have received so far (and I have noted if they have more than one vote so far!
- 42nd Street
- Boat Cruise / Ferry – 3 votes
- Broadway Show – 2 votes
- Brooklyn Brewery Tour
- Central Park – 4 votes
- Drinks with a View – 2 votes
- Fifth Avenue Shopping
- Food Tour / Crawl – 3 votes
- Empire State – 2 votes
- Grand Central Terminal
- Highline – 2 votes
- Hop On / Hop Off Buss Tour
- Lower East Side Tenements Museum
- Metropolitan Museum of Art – 3 votes
- Museum of Natural History
- Statue of Liberty – 2 votes
- Times Square – 4 votes
- Top of the Rock (the photo above) – 3 votes
And now that it is a bit of So the question I ask to all of you is the same I have asked friends and family: Top three things to do in NYC if you’ve never been?
Please sound off in the comments!