Hello and welcome to the second month of the year, we made it! It was only fitting that I kicked it off with another Egypt post as at this rate, we might be in Summer by the time I get done post those. But moving on, I know January was rough for many, especially around the 20th, but we have made it to February, the shortest month of the year and one that definitely centers around love. In past years I have published a variety of Valentine’s Gift Guide like this one for her or this one for him and I have even posted the gift guide for the single girl. However, this year I wanted to do something different whether you are buying a present for yourself, your best friend, your girl friend, fiancé, wife, Mom, or anyone else special in your life!
This year I sent out an email to 20 of my girl friends from every stage of life – school, work, real life friends, and more – asking what they would want this year for Valentine’s Day and why. And now since Valentin’s day is less than two weeks away I hope I can give you some ideas if you are still searching for a gift! Here are what my friends IRL want this year for Valentine’s Day in direct quotes, and to be fair, they are in alphabetical order!
- Chocolates | I would like the basics – chocolate (this is a quantity over quality situation for me LOL)! (Godiva Valentine’s Day Chocolate)
- Dinner Out | A dinner I don’t have to make!
- Flowers | Cliche but I’m going to go with flowers, regardless if you’re in a relationship or not it’s nice to feel appreciated! (US Flowers / UK Flowers)
- Love Letter | My goal in 2020 is to minimize and not have so much “stuff” my ideal wish list item would be a love letter. An old school, handwritten, not on a hallmark card, in an envelope with smudges of ink love letter.
- A Move Night | I’m not one to receive or give gifts for valentines day and don’t like to go out either but the best thing is just spend time watching a movie or “Fixer Upper” with a glass of wine and order in food from our fav Indian takeaway place. That’s my ideal evening and I would probably do the same on valentines day.
- Quality Time | [We] definitely don’t do any grand gestures for each other, but I think it’s a nice opportunity to carve out some time for each other and have a date night. Whether it’s drinks, going out for brunch, or cooking dinner together, Valentine’s Day is a good reminder to spend some quality time together.
- Ski Lessons | I would like us to have a ski lesson together at the Snow Dome. He’s never been (and I’m not great) and we keep saying we’d like to go together, this seems like a fun date/ first step! (Snow Dome Lessons)
- Tickets | I got my present early this year because it’s tickets to “Bachelor Live”. It was very thoughtful and he got the VIP meet and greet tickets. Plus it is something I probably wouldn’t have spent the money on myself. (Tickets to Bachelor Live)
- Underwear | If he hadn’t gotten me that then maybe a bunch of underwear from hanky panky to replace my current collection. I like the low rise thong and the bare collection. They have a ‘bouquet’ of thongs, but if you do the price per thong it’s cheaper to buy them individually which is stupid. (Hanky Panky Underwear)
And then because these girls don’t mess around, a few shared what they are getting their others including travel materials, “I’m going to get him some Canada travel books as we have decided on a trip there together for September” and new accessories, “His wallet is super beat up so I got him a replacement, same make and model as he is super picky!”