Okay, the cat is out of the bag and for the first time I am going to share it here, I got promoted! Yay! So exciting! I have mentioned a few times on the blog that I work in advertising and wrote a post about it here but while Sparkles and Shoes is my passion project I wanted to share the good news with all of you. What does that mean for the blog? Nothing but good things!
Many people have asked what I am going to do or buy to celebrate and there is nothing little on my wishlist – the top two items are the Cartier Love Bracelet and the Chanel quilted bag, both featured below, and both of which are thousands and thousands of dollars. While I am not quite ready to bite the bullet and go there I have decided to take the few days I have off next weekend for Easter and go see my best friend in London so get ready for pictures from across the pond. I tried to be designer agnostic as it would be so easy to fill an entire wishlist collage with gorgeous pieces from 3.1 Phillip Lim but perhaps I will save that for another post. That said, if I was forced to spend money I have put together my luxury wishlist where the least expensive thing more than $650 and it just goes up from there! My top 12 are:
- CHANEL Quilted Medium Double Flap Bag $3,800 I have not spent enough time looking at them to decide if I would want the medium or the large size but my heart is sent on the black quilting with the gold hardware. I want to start with the classic flap bag but have had my eye on the gorgeous square boy bag as a second beauty to add to the collection when I finally take the plunge!
- Diamond Stud Earrings $12,200 The price of these definitely varies a great deal depending on the cut, color, clarity, and carat but the one thing I do know is that I would get mine from J. Birnbach. They are just so gorgeous and classic, you really can not go wrong with diamond studs and the price is for two carat studs set in platinum as estimated by Blue Nile – a true luxury wishlist item.
- Burberry Sandringham Mid-Length Trench Coat $1,595 Do I really need to say anything? It is so pretty, well cut, and versatile that it would be the perfect Spring piece for New York City!
- Christian Louboutin ‘So Kate’ Pointy Toe Pump $675 The only reason I do not yet have a pair of Louboutin’s in my collection is because they are so darn painful. Yes, yes, I know, beauty is pain but only until a certain point and then real life hits in – if I can not stand for an hour at a cocktail party then no matter how pretty they are, I am not sure I want them but they are still on the wishlist in black and nude.
- Alexander McQueen Nova Whips Jewelry Ring Snakeskin Box Clutch Bag $2,695 Another item I have Pinned countless times and have had my eye on actually now for over a decade. Believe it or not in high school I actually had a cut out of one of these bags on my collage wall in my bedroom. I do not know exactly which one I would pick but the oblong, snakeskin, and jeweled rings definitely call my name.
- Givenchy Antigona Medium Leather Satchel Bag, Medium Red $2,435 I absolutely love this bag, the style, the shape, everything about it is pure perfection and while most people opt for the black, grey, or tan I love the bright red!
- Stella McCartney Falabella Mini Tote Bag $1,055 I know these bags aren’t quite as popular as they used to be but I worked with someone a few years ago who had one and I absolutely loved admiring at the office. I love the shape, structure, and fabric and appreciate the versatility of the design.
- Gucci Dionysus GG Supreme Shoulder Bag $2,290 Another grade-A lust worthy bag that has me swooning any time it pops up on Pinterest or on the arm of a very fashionable lady on 5th Avenue. Yes please, and thank you. (And no, I am not a big fan of the ones with the red, blue, or black stripes)
- Chloé Suzanna Ankle Boots $1,380 These black booties with there gorgeous detailing have been on my wishlist for years. I love the practical nature of the heel height and how detailed every inch of them are.
- Goyard Classic Chevron St. Louis Gm Blue Tote Bag $2,295 This is the only item not linked because, straight from their website, “Goyard products are available exclusively at Goyard boutiques worldwide. Goyard does not engage in any form of e-commerce.” Well there you have it. I have found a few second hand options but if I am going to spend this much, I am definitely going to buy it from the store!
- Valentino Rockstud T-Strap Pump $995 There are two options of these shoes, one with a 4 inch height and one that is 2.5 but if I am going to get them I think I will go for the four – go big or go home with these beauties!
One of each of these items on my luxury wishlist? You are looking at $37,715 for twelve items that could fit in a single suitcase – nuts! And realistically, a Cartier watch would also be up there but I tried to keep it fair with one item per brand. Lastly, I toyed back and forth but if we are going all out, to talk about tech the Canon EOS 5D Mark III for $3,099 would also be up there.
What is on your luxury wishlist?