This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HolidayMoments #CollectiveBias
Here we are in full swing holiday week! The subways are less crowded and the office had fewer people than usual as everyone is starting to get in the holiday mood. I am not a fan of jumping the gun and focusing on Christmas before Thanksgiving is over but I do have a great new recipe for you, perfect for this entire holiday season.
What to get coworkers is always a bit of a challenge for me and I have found in the past an easy sweet treat is the way to go. Most people will like it, it does not break the bank, and when wrapped up festively coworkers are touched you remembered them! Why not be one of the first people to start the touches of December thoughtfulness? With over a dozen people on my list I have decided to make peppermint puppy chow and with only three ingredients I am sure anyone can make it.
- 7 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 2 cups white melts
- 2 cups of crushed candy canes (about 15)
- Place cereal in a large bowl.
- Crush candy canes in a blender for ten seconds.
- Melt your white melts on the stove top over medium-low heat and stir until smooth.
- Pour melted goodness over cereal and gently fold until covered.
- Dump into a large plastic bag, add crushed candy canes, and shake until covered. (I simply folded in the peppermint to the large bowl)
- Dump onto a cookie sheet to cool and enjoy!
- For the white chocolate use something that is meant to be melted and used for candy, most white chocolate chips don't melt down thin enough.
I do have one caveat though, it did make a bit off a mess. I am not sure how but after blending the candy canes my kitchen floor had a light, sticky dusting of peppermint and it smelled sickeningly sweet, too much white chocolate! I had gone to Costco a few days before to pick up everything I would need for this holiday season, both for entertaining and cleaning, and had two very heavy bags to carry home.
This trip up to Harlem included picking up a refill of Swifter Wet Wipes? (isn’t it great how much more economical these things are when you buy them at Costco?) and Holiday 2015 Limited Edition Collection Febreze Air Effects, both from P&G, a company I have enjoyed working with in the past! After a quick sweep of the floor and a few sprays in the air it was as good as new! What is your must have P&G item to have on hand during the holidays?
Now that my kitchen is all cleaned up and smells like the most wonderful holiday celebration I packaged the cooled peppermint puppy chow into small plastic bags. From there I tied them up with red and green ribbons, curled the ends, and labeled the yummy little bags for my coworkers!
Fingers crossed my coworkers like these!
How do you make your holiday moments special?