Saturday night I held my 6th Annual Classy Cocktail party and it was so much fun! For hors d’oeuvres I made my funfetti popcorn, upon popular request, caprese skewers which I will post about later, and fresh cut watermelon and pineapple for a healthy option. The signature cocktail for the evening was a citrus champagne which went over extremely well with my guests, even beer drinkers indulged in a glass before switching over. I adapted this recipe to make the signature cocktail.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 cucumber
- 2 bottles of Champagne (or sparkling wine)
- Simmer sugar, water and lemon juice until the sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes.
- Slice cucumber and muddle all but five slices.
- Combine cucumber and lemon water in a pitcher.
- Add two bottles of champagne, stirring slowly.
- Top with remaining slices of cucumber and serve.
My younger brother, Kevin, was an absolutely sweetheart and showed up half an hour early to help me set up and put the finishing touches on everything. I wish the photo above had not been taken with my iPhone, especially when my DSLR was mere feet away, but oh well. I think the citrus champagne cocktail paired nicely with the other offerings.
After everyone had a few of my signature cocktails and then a few more drinks I got quite a bit of flack from my friends in trying to take a group photo. I ended up getting one of the girls and while it is a bit blurry I still wanted to share, the 6th Annual Classy Cocktail Party was a success, thanks to everyone who came!
Will you try this citrus champagne cocktail?