I have certain friends who swear by astrology. The consult their horoscope before making any big decisions and instead of asking people how old they are, they ask for their birthday to figure out whether or not they can be friends or if they would make a great boyfriend. To me, this is silly and I actually had to look up what “Mercury in retrograde” is supposed to mean after a brunch two weeks ago. (And in case you were wondering Mercury’s retrograde periods supposedly cause plans to go awry and it turns retrograde at 10:54 AM EST on January 21st.)
I do know that there are twelve Zodiac signs, from Aries to Virgo, and that based on your birthday you fit under one of them. My September 27th birthday makes me a Libra and from a plethora of sources I have gathered a list of qualities supposedly attributed to me, as a Libra, the seventh sign of the zodiac. These are the typical characteristics of Libra and my feelings on them:
- Libras spend more time primping than any other sign. > This seems like a case-by-case basis, not generalizing all people born between September 23rd to October 23rd
- In fact, Libras insist that everything and everyone in their world be beautiful, so take it as a compliment if you’re still on their friend list. > ???
- Decorating their own homes is top priority, followed by redecorating yours—or at the very least, watering your grossly neglected plants. > True, I like decorating but not to this degree
- Libras love the world. > Very vague, but I guess, yes?
- Libras like to take their time and look at things from all sides (the word “Libra” means balances or scales). > Okay…
- The best jobs for Libras are Supreme Court justices, ballroom dancers and tattoo artists. > Haha, noted.
- Concerned with music, harmony, balance, romance > What an odd list, sure?
- Concerned with good manners and personal appearance > Yes.
- Their spiritual goal is to learn the meaning of selfless love > umm…..
- Good negotiator > I will take it.
- Fearful and indecisive > Not usually.
- The typical Libra woman has delicately flared nostrils > WHAT?
Oh and as a fun fact, Julie Andrews, one of my style icons, is also a Libra. Too bad I don’t care. In case you do care, or you need a last minute gift for someone this year, here are my favorite Zodiac gifts:
Do not get me wrong, thought, it is not that I hate it, I just am indifferent. Sure, I will read what Libra says for that month when I am flipping through U.S. Weekly in the nail salon but for no other reason, then me looking it up for this post, have I have I ever tried to find out more about my sign.
Are you into astrology?