(1) Camera. Even though I am a Nikon girl I have had my Canon PowerShot SD1400 for almost two years (I love how Amazon Prime keeps track of your purchases for years and years) and I am obsessed. I have it with me almost always and the beach is no exception. You never know when dolphins might pop up or I want to catch a candid shot of family or friends.
(2) Sun Hat. I have a big straw hat with a wide brim that allows me to read and not get a sunglasses tan. And it is perfect for walks on the beach. (hey, they count as exercise, right?)
(3) Sun block. Kelly LOVES sun, (yes, me in the third person) but Kelly’s skin does not. My very pale Irish skin burns, really burns and then tends to turn to tan a few months into summer but as this is my first sunny weekend of 2013 I will definitely need to coat up. Not to mention that my face burns all year long (hopefully it is not that noticeable thanks to NARS bronzer) so I protect with Neutragena 50 SPF.
(5) Sunglasses. Pretty self explanatory However, I take a very inexpensive pair because I do not want them ruined by the salt water, sand, and everything else at the beach.
(6) Lip Product. I like keep my lips moisturized at all times and while my go-to is usually Aquaphor when on the beach I tend to choose something with SPF and right now I am in love with Sugar’s Rosé Tinted Lip Treatment with SPF 15.
(7) Magazines. The beach is one of the few places I can comfortably lay down and go through a magazine cover to cover. As I have mentioned many times before, most notably in my most about collaging, I subscribe to quite a few magazines. I have not yet cracked open the April covers of the new Allure, Elle, Cosmo, Harper’s or Marie Claire but all of my suitcases are in my suitcase!
What are your beach essentials?