- Book ahead of time. (People who were buying tickets day of often got yours for 6 hours later, and you must have a tour to visit).
- Wear good walking shoes.
- Bring a back up charger – loose service frequently and phones roam.
- Have water and snacks, they are a rip off their
- Forgettable tour at the other one. Take the stair climb up (much shorter) tour the grounds for free.
- Try and avoid taking a tour bus, stay overnight in Füssen for an early morning start or arrive post (3pm after the busses leave.
- No big bags (backpacks) allowed in the castle but there are lockers at the top for a nominal fee.
And for those who asked when I posted a shot on Instagram, I am wearing EULLA Women Sleeveless Halterneck Playsuit in Floral which is less than 20 pounds on Amazon and perfect for any upcoming warm weather holiday!
Would you go to Neuschwanstein Castle?