I want to take a break from my travel posts and gift guides today to do an update on a topic I have written about a few times over the past five years. When I was asked more than a decade ago for my senior year book page what my page what my pet peeve was it was quite easy – “socks with sandals” but there are many other things that irk me. In case you are curious here is my Pet Peeves 1.0 and then Version 2.0 and finally Version 3.0. You would think with three iterations I would have covered all of my pet peeves but I have had a running list of a few more that I just needed to share.
Now what does that photo above have to do with pet peeves? Well let me tell you – topping this iteration is people who make fun of others working out. I give everyone all of the kuddos in the world for getting to the gym and if you are trying hard, you do do you, no matter what size, shape, color, or any other kind of qualification. If you are at the gym with the goal of improving yourself then I applaud you. For instance, it took me nearly a year to nail how to do a handstand and it would not have taken that long if I hadn’t received a few snarky comments from strangers that put me down. Stop fitness shaming, people!
But back to pet peeves. 🙂 By the time this post publishes Wednesday morning, I will, God willing, finally be taking off from Florida en route back to New York City and while I had not even thought to put travel delays on this list but yes, travel delays are definitely a pet peeve. So besides gym shammers and travel woes what else makes my pet peeves, version four list? Take a look:
- Leaving an expensive brunch still hungry
- Needing scissors to open scissors
- Being in a gorgeous place without a camera
- Water fountains with a non-steady stream
- When 8.5 size shoe is too small and 9 is too big
- Electronic devices that don’t stay charged for more than an hour
- Waking up with amazing hair but you have a morning workout class
- When the express subway runs local
- People who use their phone during movies at the theater
- When the nail technician / masseuse talks about you in another language
- Crying babies on long flights
- When your strapless bra will not stay up
- The question “where do you see yourself in 10 years?”
- Expired sun tan lotion
- When people misspell my name when replying to an email that has my name in it
If you actually clicked on the link to the first iteration of the Pet Peeve series you will see that it was in conjunction with my friend Kathryn and it was actually so much fun to put together because when others list their pet peeves for the most part I tend to agree!
What is your biggest pet peeve?