It’s been a while since I shared a recipe and I am not sure why – maybe because it is a bit odd to cook for one in NYC? Even so I am going to try and do more of these and we are starting with dessert, clearly the best course! I almost don’t want to share this secret with you all because the next time I make them and bring them to an event I want everyone to be wowed. When I was in Cape Cod a few weeks ago my Mom and I made traditional macaroons early on a Sunday morning. She had been telling me about this recipe for a while and I am so glad we got the chance to make this easy desert together and it was a very quick process as there were only four ingredients. Take a look at some of the photos I was able to capture during our cooking process:
- 14 oz Coconut Flakes
- 14 oz eagle brand full fat ev. milk
- 2 eggs (whites only)
- 14ox chocolate chips
- Mix the first three ingredients
- Cover with saran wrap and chill until firm
- Mold into small balls and place on parchment paper
- Bake at 350 until the tips of the coconut start to brown
- Let the macaroons cool
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave and add some coconut oil if it is too sticky
- Dip the bottoms of the macaroons in chocolate, if desired
- Place macaroons on wax paper to dry
We used whatever brands were available at the store and for the coconut flakes, chocolate chips, eggs, parchment paper, and other side tools it is fairly brand agnostic – the only thing you wil want to make sure you do is actually buy Eagle Brand . Personally, i have not tried it with another brand but my Mom has and I’ll take her word for it!
The next day I actually brought these with me to the office and my very happy coworkers enjoyed them and putting this post together reminds me I will need to make them again soon!
Do you like classic macaroons?