As 2017 is my year of yes it only makes sense that this post goes live as I am wandering around Scandinavia! This is my third European solo trip today heading to yet another country I’ve never been to – Finland!
But before we look forward, let’s take a look back. It’s been a busy first half of the year and while the number of blog posts I’ve hit publish on has been fewer than previous years, I feel like I am writing more about the topics that truly interest me and the things that I’m passionate about and that’s with Sparkles and Shoes is for. Plus I never want to leave another event or dinner with friends early because I have to work on the blog. It must be working though, because according to my Instagram, my most popular social media platform, there had been a record number of likes. Over the last six months take a look at the top 10 posts, starting with the most popular (based on Unums algorithm weighing likes and comments):
1) Becca Swim: March 2017 This was a shoot I was super nervous about but I am glad it went over so well and I think part of the reason this is #1 is because Becca posted a photo from my shoot on their channels! (Original Blog Post)
2) Galapagos Rock Formation: June 2017 This is definitely one of the prettiest sunsets I have ever seen! I took this shot on my trip to the Galapgos in March off of San Cristobal island and it makes me smile every time I look at it, I’m glad so many of you like it too!
3) White on White with Red: June 2017 This is still one of the best outfit I have put together and I am still amazed we were able to find flowers that matched so perfectly when shooting the look! (Original Blog Post)
4) Miami Pink: May 2017 A friend took this as we were headed out to dinner during my first trip to Miami this year while I was down celebrating my friend’s bachelorette (and the wedding is in a week and a half, eeek)!!
6) Vince Camuto Jumpsuit: May 2017 Until last Summer I did not own a jumpsuit and I now I am the proud owner of three! It is a bit too hot for this navy beauty now but it will be perfect for early Fall! (Original Post)
7) Rooftop Bubbles During NYFW: February 2017 Even though these photographs look top notch they were not taken by a professional, my friend Sam took these. We had a great time on this Chelsea rooftop and I can’t wait for her to join me again in September for fashion week! (Original Blog Post)
8) Whispering Angel Rose: March 2017 This has been my favorite brand of rose last Summer and I love the capture of the delicious drink on the windowsill of my New York City apartment. Cheers!
9) Birds Over a Galapagos Sunset: March 2017 One of my all time favorite shots and my current desktop background on my Macbook. This was taken a few days before the number two shot – there were just such stunning sunsets on the Equator!
10) Off the Shoulder in Grand Central: May 2107 A really cool outfit post featuring some of my favorite lights from growing up, along with many of my favorite pieces this year including OTS tops, white jeans, and classic flats. (Original Blog Post)
That was ten but I wanted to add in one honorable mention that came in at number 11 in terms of most popular Instagram from the first half of the year – a photo of my brother and I from his birthday party in May!
I love that half of these were from my Friday Fashion series which is so exciting!
What is your favorite photo from the first half of 2017?