As if Monday’s post about Red Carpet Makeup and yesterday’s about Oscar Worth Shoes did not cover my excitement for the Academy Awards show on Sunday night than this recipe will. I have seen this on Pinterest for the past few months and I have been really excited to make it, Funfetti Cake Batter Popcorn. This was my third time making it and now I feel like I am a pro – it is that easy!
I usually try to write 300 words in each blog post – first, because it is ideal for Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and second, when I post I want to give a good mix of quality and content but this blog post had me stumped – basically all I needed to write was this popcorn is delicious and you need to make it. And as I predicted on Facebook and Instagram on Wednesday night when I made this delicious treat, it was big hit last night with my coworkers at trivia. Also known as members of other team pretended they were on my team for a few seconds so they could take a handful or two. I wasn’t upset, I was just glad it was such a hit
- 2 bags microwavable kettle corn or white popcorn
- 1 ½ cups white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cup white or yellow cake mix
- ½ cup rainbow sprinkles
- Pop the popcorn in the microwave, following packaging instructions.
- Transfer popcorn to a large bowl, being careful to pick out all of the unpopped kernels.
- Melt the white chocolate chips or candy melts in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between each 30 seconds until it is fully melted.
- Stir in the vegetable oil to the melted chocolate until smooth.
- Add the cake mix to the chocolate - the mixture will be thick, but mix until well-incorporated.
- Drizzle the chocolate/cake batter mixture over the popcorn and add half of the sprinkles.
- Use your (clean) fingers to toss everything together until evenly coated.
- Spread the popcorn onto wax paper-lined cookie sheets to allow the chocolate to harden and sprinkle the remaining sprinkles on top.
- Let popcorn harden for about 20 minutes on the counter, or 5 minutes in the fridge, and enjoy!
If you are having an Oscar watch party this weekend or are just curling up on the couch by yourself to watch the red carpet I highly suggest making a bowl – you won’t want to share!