I made these delicious bites for a friend’s annual cookie party and while you can read all about the special occasion below, let’s get to why you are really here, my recipe for chocolate chip cookie dough truffles:
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate pieces
- 6 ounces chopped dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper; set aside. In a medium bowl beat butter, brown sugar, and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Beat in flour just until combined. Stir in chocolate pieces. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place on prepared baking sheet. Cover; freeze about 30 minutes or until firm.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan heat dark chocolate and shortening over low heat, stirring until until melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
- Line a second baking sheet with waxed paper. Using a fork (I used two), dip balls into chocolate mixture, allowing excess chocolate mixture to drip back into saucepan. Place dipped balls on the baking sheet. Let stand or chill about 30 minutes or until set. Lightly drizzle with the remaining melted chocolate mixture.
Even though I did not win I will take it as a good sign that I made a double batch and only three were left when it was time to choose the cookies to take home!
Will you try these Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles?