For Halloween this year I was back and forth on what to wear when suddenly on Monday night at a pop-up shop on the Upper East Side it was Spiderwoman to the rescue! On Saturday night I dressed as Marvel’s Spider Girl and according to Amazon my costume was a, “glamorous version of your favorite character” – a red sequin dress with an asymmetrical hemline and leather details. However, when it came to the a sequin eye mask that came with the dress I knew I wanted to go with dramatic eye makeup instead:
Without Photoshop or adjusted lighting my face really did look like that on Saturday night! How so? Well two hours at Sephora and twenty products later I had a flawless “spidey” look. I brought in a handful of photos and after talking with my artist and the wonderful Make Up For Ever rep we decided to go with a combination of this web look and this simple red and blue one:
It was a bit of a shock that I am now so pale that colors with the names “alabaster” “ivory” and “vanilla” are now my skin shades but the phenomenal artists at Sephora usually know best! Here is a run down of the products used to create my spiderman makeup look:
- Primer: Make Up For Ever HD Microperfecting Primer
- Foundation #1: Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation in No. 15 in Alabaster
- Foundation #2: Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation in No. 20 in Ivory
- Shadow Primer: Benefit Cosmetics Stay Don’t Stray in Light/Medium
- Blue Shadow #1: Smashbox Photo Op Eye Shadow Trio in Skybox
- Blue Shadow #2: Marc Jacobs BeautyStyle Eye-Con No.7 Plush Shadow in Cobalt Pearl
- Red Shadow #1: Make Up For Ever Aqua Lip Waterproof Lipliner Pencil in 8c True Red
- Red Shadow #2: Marc Jacobs BeautyStyle Eye-Con No.7 Plush Shadow in Rusty Red Pearl
- Lip Primer: HourglassN° 28 Lip Treatment Oil
- Lip Liner: Make Up For Ever Aqua Lip Waterproof Lipliner Pencil in 8c True Red
- Lipstick: Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Intense in COLOR 8
- Lashes: Sephora Collection False Eye Lashes in Mainstay
- Mascara: Dior Diorshow Mascara in Catwalk Black
- Concealer #1: Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer in Flesh 4
- Concealer #2: Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer in Vanilla 5
- Concealer #3: Benefit Cosmetics Boi-ing 02 Light/ Medium
- Bronzer: tarte Amazonian Clay Matte Waterproof Bronzer in Park Avenue Princess
- Spider Web #1: Make Up For Ever Aqua Matic in Diamond Black D-10
- Spider Web #2: Make Up For Ever Aqua Liner 13 in MatBlack
- Brows: Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Carmel
- Setting Spray: Make Up For Ever Mist & Fix
My makeup artist, Jerica from the Sephora Flatiron store on Fifth Avenue knew what was going on – the products she chose were all waterproof me for a great night ahead especially considering the rain. I completely agreed with her decision to go very light on the brows and the completely skip the blush as I had enough going on. Of these twenty-one products I used my Sephora VIB Rogue status so this entire makeover was complimentary! The only two things I ended up purchasing on this trip to Sephora were the lashes and the red lipstick, as I loved the color and knew I would need it for touchups throughout the night!
Speaking of Sephora, if anyone is going to be at the Rogue event tonight in NYC let me know! I was obsessed with the makeup and can’t wait to shop away with my discount and my friend Lindsay!
And not to be missed, Friday night I dressed up as Holly Golightly, Audrey Hepburn’s role in Breakfast at Tiffany’s and the costume choice was based off all of your sweet comments on this post. This was the second time I was able to attend my friend’s Halloween costume bash – you can check out the 2013 costume party here.
Did you have a fun Halloween? Any great costumes?