(1) It is actually getting warmer here in NYC and the flowers are blooming. I have been choosing to walk rather than taking the subway if I have the time and love giving my self an extra few minutes so I have the opportunity to stop and admire the flowers. I took this photo on Wednesday in Midtown East with my iPhone. #nofilter
(2) In two weeks I am going to The First Annual “Lobster de Mayo” hosted by Food Network’s Katie Lee at Capitale in New York City. It is a charity event (plus) that I have to dress up for (plus) with lots of lobster and drinks (plus, plus). To say I am excited is putting it mildly. The official description reads, “a savory charity extravaganza that will feature passed lobster treasures and tasting stations from the city’s hottest restaurants,” and the invite included this photo – yum!
(3) I recieved a cute pair of summer sandals from Miz Mooz’s Spring 2014 collection but it has not quite been warm enough to wear them! Last weekend I tried to go up to my roof as the sun was setting was setting to take some photos and learned two things, I need a ton more practice with my tripod and I should wait to take summer outfit pictures in summer weather – it was so chilly! I am really hoping New York warms the frick up soon so I get a chance to wear these sandals!
(4) This collection of the 60 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken That Perfectly Capture The Human Experience really got to me. I look at dozens of similar posts every week but this one just stopped me dead in my tracks. Picking just one photo to highlight here was hard!
(5) Wednesday night while having drinks with Erin of Two Thirds Hazel were talking about her amazing Blogcation and came up with the idea of co-hosting an event to get together all of the bloggers in New York City that we are friends with and those we would love to meet in real life. The spot we were at, The Jeffery, on the Upper East Side has a great backyard that would be perfect. Perhaps the first or second weekend in June? Stay tuned and fingers crossed!