Best Dressed at the Golden Globes

Ladies and Ladies, award season is back and I absolutely love being the Monday Morning quarterback scoring the best Red Carpet looks. Yes, yes, congrats to the winners but this post is not about the statues, is is the best look on that long red runway.  The Golden Globes  2014 Red Carpet made me really happy last night, there were so many dapper men and beautiful women.

I would like to congratulation J.Law and T.Swift for being the only repeat winners, as I tallied up the best Golden Globes Dresses of the 2013 award show last year. As always the celebs came out in full blow Hollywood glamour and each dress seemed to be prettier than the last, these are my favorites:

2014 Golden Globes Kate Beckinsale in Zuhair Murad
Kate Beckinsale in Zuhair Murad

2014 Golden Globes Sofia Vergara in Zac Posen
Sofia Vergara in Zac Posen
2014 Golden Globes Taylor Swift in Carolina Herrera
Taylor Swift in Carolina Herrera

2014 Golden Globes Olivia Wilde in Gucci
Olivia Wilde in Gucci

2014 Golden Globes Margot Robbie in Gucci
Margot Robbie in Gucci

2014 Golden Globes Amy Adams in Maison Valentino
Amy Adams in Maison Valentino
(she also won Best Actress, congrats Amy)

2014 Golden Globes  Jennifer Lawrence in Dior
 Jennifer Lawrence in Dior
(she also won Best Supporting Actress, congrats JLaw)

2014 Golden Globes Helen Miran in Jenny Packham

Helen Miran in Jenny Packham

2014 Golden Globes Lena Dunham in Zac Posen
Lena Dunham in Zac Posen

2014 Golden Globes Hayden Panettiere in Tom Ford
Hayden Panettiere in Tom Ford

2014 Golden Globes Elizabeth Moss in  in J. Mendel
Elizabeth Moss in  in J. Mendel
(she also won Best Actress in a TV Miniseries)
2014 Golden Globes Naomi Watts in Tom Ford
Naomi Watts in Tom Ford

2014 Golden Globes Best Dressed Lupita Nyong'o in Ralph Lauren
Lupita Nyong’o in Ralph Lauren

First, a thank you to Harper’s / Getty for all of the images above and below, these are no way mine. There were also many dresses I liked, but not enough to get them into the “Best Dressed” list, these included Kate Mara in J. Mendel, Emma Roberts in Lanvin, Julia Roberts in Dolce and Gabbana, Laura Carmuchael in Vitor and Rolf, Reese Witherspoon in Calvin Klein Collection, Kerry Washington in Balenciaga and Julianna Marguilies in Andrew Gn.

And I just to be super sweet, I am going to leave it positive. Some of the dresses were pretty bad but there is no need to take away the glory of these lovely ladies by finishing the post off with the worst dressed (cough, Sandra, cough, Zoe) oh, heck, here are my six of the dresses that just did not do it for me:

Zoe Saldana / Cailtin Fitzgerald  / Tina Fey / Sally Hawkins / Sandra Bullock  /  Drew Barrymore
Who was your favorite?
Whose dress did you hate?  Tell me!

Comments

1. Rita says

Kate, Lupita, and Margot were definitely my favorites of the night! As for worst dressed, unfortunately….I would have to agree with you on Sandra (and the rest of your list). I love love love Sandra Bullock, but I was so disappointed in her dress choice. Her stylist should be fired lol! Rita @ http://www.CoastWithMe.com

2. Rita says

3. Brittany conners says

You picked some good ones! Kate and Olivia are my favorites by far.In terms of worst looks what is going on there? Tina and Drew always pick “unique” dresses but Zoe and Sandra let me down haha. On a side note……can I just be rich for one day so I can wear a gorgeous gown?

4. Brittany conners says

5. Becky Dougherty says

I am so mad that I forgot about the Golden Globes last night! I usually record award shows so I don’t have to stay up, and I can fast forward through speeches of actors I don’t know and/or things I don’t watch. haha! Love the dresses you featured! :)

6. says

As soon as I saw Kate walk onto that stage my jaw dropped. She was stunning! Olivia Wilde is so beautiful pregnant and J Law always seems to look flawless on the red carpet. And I may be a party of one here, but I actually didn’t like Sofia Vergara but did like Sandra Bullock. I hate the skirt portion of of Sofia’s dress because of the way it’s stitched to the waistline. I don’t hate it, but I’m not feeling it either. And maybe it’s because I adore Sandra, but I thought her dress was fun & fit her well.

7. Jessica says

I think my favorite was Taylor Swift’s dress. But there was so many beautiful gowns that it is hard to choose.

8. Jessica says