I must admit,naps are my favorite. I wish I could take a nap everyday – not only Monday through Friday but Every. Single. Day. Unlike some of my other favorites this has to be one that most people would agree with me on – napping is excellent. Here are just a small list of the reasons why napping is good:
- A nap of 60 minutes can improve alertness for up to 10 hour
- Your body is programmed with two times of day of intense sleepiness: 2am to 4am and 1pm to 3pm
- Napping on a slowly swinging bed really does help you get to sleep faster
- Decrease the time to fall asleep at night
- Taking a nap (any of those below) increases sleep time by 20 minutes
- Prevents burnout and reverses information overload
Recently I found a great graphic on the differnet types of naps. My naps usually fit into the Original Power Nap and I would not count the Nano-Nap as a real thing, that sems a bit fishy to me!