Over the past week I have calculated that 57% of the comments I receive are from no-reply bloggers and while it very irritating, I do not think it is offenders are doing purposely. Therefore, I am on a mission to help rid the blog-o-shphere of this issue, reaching out to one blogger at a time. In the past three days I have emailed a dozen ladies to let them know that the reason they are not getting responses to their lovely comments is that we, on the other end, can not reply to their emails. I have searched high and low for a simple, clean cut tutorial on how to fix this issue and, as I said, have decided to create one of my own. Here are my steps for fixing your no-reply status through on Blogger:
- Make a comment on your own blog
- Check your email to see if you received the comment and see who the email is from. Is it your email or “email@example.com”
- If it is from noreply-comment address then you are a no-reply blogger, but fear not, it is easy to fix!
- Click the arrow next to your blog name in the top right corner of your dashboard
- From the drop down select “Blogger Profile”
- While on your blog profile page click on the large orange rectangle in the top right corner that reads “Edit Profile”
- Check the box “Show my Email Address” and confirm that the email that appears to the left is correct
- Click on “Save Profile” at the bottom of the page
If you are on Google+ I recommend Robin’s tutorial on how to go about fixing it no-reply status on Google+! If you are still having an issue, shoot me an email and I am more than happy to walk to your through it, and, even better, if it works, let me know!